Paintball Gear and what it does is another essential aspect of this sport. You don’t just buy flashy clothes to look great, the protective element of your Paintball Gear is just as important. Wearing appropriate protection will make the difference between being bruised up and having a hard time, or actually enjoying your game and having better performance.
A lot of the gear that is used for Paintball is originally not even produced with the sport in mind. For example, many players use padded shirts or vests intended initially for motorbikes or other sports. What’s necessary for those other applications can be utilized equally for Paintball (lightweight material, great padding, and protection from impact, etc.).
Ideal for Paintball in our experience is a vest together with a padded shirt underneath. You will get the protection from the padded shirt but have the vest for an additional layer and functionality. You will get the benefits of both worlds to carry your gear strapped to you and the extra protection. However, when you go this route, you may want to look for thin and breathable material that will not wear you down or heat you up as you will have an additional layer of clothing.
Paintball Gear for Protection
Paintball Vest Tactical Gear
Paintball Vests protect your kidneys and general chest section and your back. Tactical vests sometimes come with additional pockets to store other gear such as Paintball Balls and refill Co2 cartridges etc.
- Great adjustability
- Lightweight yet durable
- Material rather heavy and a tad restrictive while wearing a compression shirt underneath
- Military visuals and appearance is appealing for MilSim
- 100% 1-year satisfaction guarantee from the brand
- The stitches in the velcro on two of the pouches were shoddy
Padding and protective pads or gloves
Padded compression shirts can provide you with great protection for your chest area and back area. Further, there are neck pads, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves
- The breathable material does not restrict too much
- Very tight fit around the chest, possibly order a larger size
- The chest, back and shoulder/arms are well protected with the foam inserts
- Very reasonable price for the great build quality
The one downside we saw in our review was that the sleeve length did not match our size recommended for the chest circumference. Getting a bigger size will lead to a looser fit which may not be desired.
- The breathable fabric used does not restrict movement
- Anti-bacterial treatment effectively reduces odor and skin irritation in extended hour gameplay
- Adjustable straps make the amendment to your preferences a breeze
- Enables sliding and protection from turf burns and ground impact
- Very comfortable and good padding provide protection from paintball impact
- Rather tight fit around the cuffs or hands
- Size as with other elbow pads also rather small fit - you will probably need a bigger size than advised as on the size table.
- Super comfortable fit and support for the knee
- Enabling of super fast paced gameplay through protection from turf burns and impact shocks to the knee
- Dropping and kneeling or sliding highly enabled with these pads
- Very good protection for the knee and avoiding turf burns
- Mold will fit your personal physique over time
- Was hard to fit above jeans or other pants
- PU material reinforces the knuckles without large plastic shielding
- Full finger or half finger options available, up to personal preference
- Very comfortable and trigger action unrestricted
- Some of the stitches were off and could definitely improve on the quality
- Thin and lightweight material glove that allows smartphone users and integrated ventilation
- Flexibility through wrist strap adjustability